ECLECTIC ~ INDEPENDENT ~ FRESH ~ COMMUNITY ~ CAFFEINATED
A healthy food & coffee cafe that didn't exist in our hamlet of Ladera… UNTIL NOW!
- We can't function without our customers… service, attention and a bit of a festive attitude is a priority!
- We don't want junk in our food... why should you?
- Delicious bread, great coffee/espresso and loose-leaf teas
- No nitrates, nitrites or preservatives in our fresh sliced deli meats.
- Carrying dairy and meats that are raised responsibly (i.e. not pumped full of growth hormones & antibiotics).
- As much locally grown and organic produce as possible.
- Gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian and vegan options.
- Tasty & fresh pastries and desserts that are made in SoCal.
- Beer, wine & prosecco (and mimosas!)
- Being responsible towards the planet... Acting locally - thinking globally.
- Supporting local artists and independent businesses. Our area for sales of fun & cool items, “Louis' Mercantile", will feature various items from local crafty folks like Midnight Glimmer candles and Art By Jen F. We also carry amazing olive wood and items created in Kenya (curated in Ladera)!
- Great music (as determined by Lola). Decor featuring locally created art and music memorabilia.
Long ago in a galaxy far away... before there were national chain sandwich places, Ava managed her family’s own place, Sandwich Delight-located in Laguna Niguel. So began an uncanny ability to make a wicked sandwich while learning the value of treating customers the same way she’d like to be treated. During that same time, in another part of the universe (Cleveland, OH), Matthew was spending copious amounts of time at an independently owned food business, whetting his appetite for the daily interactions with local neighbors at an independent grocery store…also experiencing the value of success far beyond the immediate sale.
Many miles and lots of experiences lead us to 2016 and a new venture that we can’t wait to explore and have integrated into our home of Ladera Ranch!
Independent & Family Owned
There are all of the standard issue chain food places - and that's all fine- they're just part of the American landscape. But what's also part of the landscape are independent, eclectic and family owned food & coffee joints.
Missing in The LDR was LOLA'S CAFE....and we decided if nobody else will do it, WE WILL!